f t g m
Copyright 2019 - bedroom-dj.co.uk
× General DJ Dicussion

Mixing in Key

More
2 years 1 month ago #183 by ForgedHalo
Mixing in Key was created by ForgedHalo
Thought I would post something up since it's all quiet in here and it would be interesting to hear your views.

Anyone mix in key religiously, tried it or just think it's a waste of time?

I know the sets I have listened too very rarely do it and if they do possibly in error lol.
I have tried a few times but find sometimes it's not needed or it makes my sets a pain to source since I have a particular idea when creating sets and sometimes it just wont fit.
I find it is better suited to the likes of trance sets and possibly tech house/prog house sets.

Your views?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #185 by TheBoss
Replied by TheBoss on topic Mixing in Key
I've never needed too, when I've tried its never sounded better, i don't really understand how to make a mix in key and make it sound better than just mixing with out using it, waste of time me thinks :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ForgedHalo

More
2 years 1 month ago #186 by DJMasterG
Replied by DJMasterG on topic Mixing in Key
Good topic for discussion.

I have delved in to it before, I found that it sounds good to mix in key, however for me personally when mixing in key it would stop me on my tracks of creating a certain Vibe, as the track I would like to play next is not in key. So I stopped mixing in key & just play my sets by ear.

I think that it's personal choice, if you construct a mix entirely in key, it can sound awesome, if not it still can be awesome if you have structure!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ForgedHalo

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds

Contact

Wanna get involved in the site ? Well just sign up and get involved.

Who's Amung Us

• DJ GOOD
  • Dj Strike
  • DJMasterG
  • jeb.burgess
  • rew company
  • TheBoss